DIN-RAIL-MOUNTED AC WATT TRANSDUCER
The Model DW5 provides power measurement to within ±0.5% of full-scale accuracy in single- or polyphase systems. The electrically-isolated dc output is proportional to the instantaneous power averaged over several cycles. The DW5 is packaged in a DIN-Rail case for easy installation.
Currents up to 5 Amperes and voltages up to 600Vac can be directly connected to the DW5. The DW5 can be used with OSI metering class current transformers for measurements up to 10 kiloamperes.
Specific outputs can be selected to interface with any data acquisition system from a simple recorder to computer-, SCADA-, or PLC-based system. The DW5 is widely used in a variety of applications, including hydroelectric generator output measurement, end-of-line appliance testing for energy consumption, building automation, energy management, and cogeneration systems. It comes with CE and CSA approvals and is manufactured and tested in accordance with ISO-9001.
• Accurate regardless of variations in voltage, current, power factor, or load.
• Available with 1-, 2-, or 3-element configurations.
• Some models provide bidirectional operation.
• Accuracy maintained over wide temperature range.
• Equipment monitoring for process control.
• Integration into energy management systems or a variety of sub-metering applications.
• Measurement using direct-connection, current transformers, and/or potential transformers.
• Best applied to sinusoidal waveforms.